English Shepherd Breeder
Breeding Good 'ol Farm Dogs since 1952
English Shepherd Pups English Shepherd Breeder
Returning a Pup
English Shepherd Breeder-Central Indiana
ADOPTING YOUR PUPPY
Unhappy with your pup? Unsure of what to do with an overactive dog?
Returns are available, but there is not a refund.
1. Hold on to your dog and place them with another happy family.
2. Train your dog through obedience and return them back to you.*
*Fee dependent on time spent and difficulty.
Our experienced kiddos would be happy to help train your pup!
Contact us below for more information.
JV Shininger Farms
English Shepherd Breeder
...Now that you are considering adopting one of our puppies, you may be asking: :
1. Our puppies are sold for $400 without first immunization, $425 with first immunization (updated January 2015).
2. We hope to offer the best guidance in a puppy selection, that would best suit the needs of your family.
We post photos of the pups on this website as they become available, to assist you in the decision-making process.
We also encourage you to reach out to us with your questions & concerns about your needs.
3. Once you have decided on a pup to adopt from our farm, you will need to make a non-refundable deposit of $100.
The final payment (minus the deposit) will need to be paid the day you visit our farm to pick up your puppy.
Payments may be in the form of a personal check, money order, cashier's check, or cash. Please do not send cash via mail.
4. When payment is received by us, your puppy will be "reserved" for you on our website.
Please note that if you decide not to purchase one of our pups, please contact us immediately so we may put it back up for sale.
This is to ensure that our pups will be marketable. As you know, dogs sell best in their "puppy stage".
5.Once the pups grow much older than 3 months, the pups can become difficult to place in new homes.
We encourage our buyers to have the puppy at their new home by 10 weeks of age, unless special arrangements have been made with us.
Past 10 weeks of age, we will need to look at other prospective buyers for the pup.
6. As the pup reaches 6-8 weeks of age, you can arrange to pick up your new puppy!
The age you get them depends on how quickly they wean from their mother, as well as how well they are eating dog food. We offer shipping of your pup, via ground or airlines.
SHIPPING FEES VARY via airlines according to the weight of pup/kennel on the day of flying. Ground Shipping rates are dependent on the carrier's fees. We would be happy to offer guidance & resources as shipping options. If you would prefer we handle the shipping arrangements, we ask for an additional fee of $80, which will be added to the flight or ground shipping charges from the carrier selected.
7. Once we receive our litter registrations from the UKC (United Kennel Club), we will provide you with a copy for your puppy, to apply for permanent UKC registration.